Come Get Your Beducation®
In 1997 we coined the term “Beducation®”, placing your education about mattresses and sleep front and centre. If you’re shopping for a new mattress, getting a Beducation® has never been more important.
Next to breathing, drinking and eating, nothing is more essential to your physical and mental wellbeing, than sleep. During sleep the body and mind repairs itself, and sleeping on the mattress best suited to your individual needs is essential to your getting a better sleep.
The Importance of a Beducation®
Back in the 20th Century the mattress industry thrived on misconceptions such as … firmer is better … counting sheep will help you fall asleep … two sided mattresses and flexible foundations are a must … and more. Science proved that these misconceptions were wrong.
Although science hasn’t figured out everything about sleep, today’s knowledge about sleep, new technologies, improvements to coil systems, and major advances in specialty foam comfort materials such as latex and memory foam, have brought about a lot of changes to the manufacturing of mattresses. If you’re currently shopping for a new mattress, here’s some things you’ll want to consider.
- While some materials are temperature neutral, others create warm or cool sleep environments. Which do you prefer?
- Some coils and specialty foams provide superior support to the spine and lower back.
- Some coils and specialty foams are better at reducing pressure on body pressure points such as elbows, hips, and shoulders. This is great for those with injuries or pressure point sensitivity.
- Some coils and specialty foams greatly reduce tossing and turning.
- Some products cradle. While some like this it’s not for everyone. This can make it harder to turn over, and to get out of bed.
- Some materials off-gas more than others. High levels of VOC’s is something those with sensitive respiratory systems or Asthma will want to avoid.
A Beducation® is a unique learning experience designed to determine your needs in a mattress. A Beducation® includes a review of today’s technologies, including which features will best address your specific needs when it comes to comfort, support, back and pressure point pain, allergies, temperature environment, and more, A few minutes with one of our Beducators will greatly reduce the chance of you buying a mattress that’s less than adequate for your needs.
That’s why we say “Come get your Beducation®. It’s free, and when you’re ready to buy your new mattress you’ll make a better buying decision.
For those of you that prefer to shop online, we also encourage you to “Come get your Beducation®”. A google search for “mattresses” comes up with over 99 million sites. Of these, hundreds are selling online, and a lot of shoppers are buying from online companies without doing research due diligence, and without test driving new mattresses in retail settings.