Why a Beducation®
If you’re shopping for a new mattress, getting a Beducation® FIRST has never been more important.
Next to breathing, drinking, and eating, nothing is more essential to your physical and mental wellbeing than sleep, as during sleep the body and mind repairs itself.
In 1997 we coined the term “Beducation®,” and vowed to educate consumers about sleep products, so that they could make better buying decisions.
A Beducation® is a unique mattress, adjustable bed, and sleep accessory education program designed to determine what you need in a mattress. A Beducation® includes a review of today’s technologies, including which features will best address comfort, support, sleep interruptions, back and pressure point pain, allergies, temperature environment, and more.
A few minutes with one of our Beducators will greatly reduce the chance of you buying sleep products that are less than adequate. If you live close to one of our stores, no matter where you end up buying a new mattress, we highly encourage a visit.
The same holds true for those that like to shop online. A google search for “mattresses” comes up with 900,000,000+ results. Of these, thousands are selling online, and a lot of shoppers are buying from online companies without doing their due diligence, and without test driving a new mattress.
We have a saying at Mattress Mattress …
Fall in love with one and take it home today!
You can’t do that online!
Back in the 20th Century the mattress industry thrived on misconceptions such as “Counting sheep will help you fall asleep”, “Two sided mattresses and flexible foundations are a must”, and more. Science has since proven many of these misconceptions wrong.
Although science hasn’t figured out everything about sleep, today’s technologies, improvements to coil systems, and major advances in specialty foam comfort materials such as Tempur® material, memory foam and latex, have brought about a lot of changes to the manufacturing of mattresses. If you’re currently shopping for a new mattress, here’s some things you’ll want to consider.
- While some materials are temperature neutral, others create warm or cool sleep environments. Which do you prefer?
- Some coils and specialty foams provide superior support to the spine and lower back. If you have lower back issues, you’ll want to find a mattress that supports the lower back.
- When it comes to taking pressure off body pressure points such as shoulders, ribs, elbows, hips and knees, you’ll want to consider pocket coils, and/or specialty foams such as Tempur® material, memory, latex, or combinations of these. These can provide pain relief to those with sport or other joint injuries, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and more.
- Pocket coils and specialty foams greatly reduce tossing and turning. This makes for less fragmented sleep.
- Some memory foam products cradle. Some consumers love this but it’s not for everyone, as it can make it harder to turn over and/or to get out of bed.
- Some materials off-gas more than others. Those with sensitive respiratory systems or Asthma will want to avoid high levels of VOC’s. If you’re concerned about foam emissions, you’ll want to consider mattresses with foams that are CertiPUR-US® certified. CertiPUR-US® foams come with the following certifications.
The best advice we can give you is the importance of finding a mattress that best addresses your specific needs. A mattress that will have you wake up feeling rested, restored, and rejuvenated. A mattress so perfect you look forward to going to sleep, and you relish when you can sleep in. A mattress you love so much, you miss it when you’re away.
Remember, it’s what’s inside a mattress that determines how well you’re going to sleep, and how you’re going to feel when you wake up.
We know mattresses® and adjustable beds … and you will too!