A Guide to Buying a Mattress Online
At Mattress Mattress® we feature a number of Bed-in-a-Box mattresses that you can buy from us online. On the other hand, if you visit one of our stores for a Beducation® you’ll come away better informed, improving the chance of your buying a mattress that’s best suited to your needs.
Here are some issues you can encounter when buying a mattress online.
- When it comes to comfort, some people like firm mattresses, while others like them soft. Unfortunately, one person’s firm is often someone else’s soft. The only way to know for certain is to lie down and do a test drive, and you can’t do that online.
- Will the online mattress support your body weight, especially if you’re sharing the mattress with a sleep partner? Most polyurethane mattresses are designed for short term use and are more suited to spare rooms.
- Will the online mattress support your spine and lower back (very important for those with back issues)?
- Did you factor inconvenience into your online purchase? Shopping does take time, but shopping in a mattress specialty store can often save you hundreds of dollars and get you the mattress you really need.
- While some materials are temperature neutral, others create warm or cool sleep environments. Memory foam tends to sleep hot, unless it’s infused with gel, graphite or copper.
- Most memory foam tends to cradle the body. This can make turning over and climbing out of bed quite different for some.
- Some coils and specialty foams are better at reducing pressure on pressure points such as shoulders, ribs, elbows, hips, and knees. If you have joint pain or pressure point sensitivity from injuries, arthritis, or fibromyalgia that’s keeping you up at night, test driving mattresses to see which ones help or reduce pain is a must.
- Most online mattresses contain nothing more than plain polyurethane foam, in some cases not even plant based. If you have respiratory or asthma issues and are concerned about allergens and foam toxicity, we highly suggest looking for mattresses that contain CertiPUR-US® certified foams.
- When you unpack a mattress that was compressed in a box or bag, don’t be looking for tailored perfection. And don’t leave compressed mattresses in their box or bag for longer than a few months, as an extended period of decompression can reduce lifespan.
- When buying online it’s important to always calculate your final cost. Do you need a foundation and/or bed frame? If you do, make sure you add in the cost of buying a matching foundation and frame. Most online retailers do not offer foundations or bed frames, or they charge an arm and a leg for them as they’re costly to ship.
- The best advice we can give you, is the importance of buying the mattress that’s JUST RIGHT for you ... not just any mattress. A mattress that will have you wake up feeling rested, restored and rejuvenated. A mattress so perfect you look forward to going to sleep, and you relish when you can sleep in. A mattress you love so much, you miss it when you’re away.
- Remember, it’s what’s inside the mattress that determines how well you’re going to sleep and how you’re going to feel when you wake up.
A better mattress. A better sleep. A better you.®
We know mattresses® … and you will too!
Before you buy a mattress online “Come get your Beducation®!”See them!
Fall in love with one and take it home today!
You can’t do that online!
Even if you don’t buy a mattress from us, a Beducation® will help you make a better buying decision.